The World & Me

This is my reflection of the events in the world and my life. If something catches ur interest, do leave ur ideas and comments on the article.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New Delhi, India

I am a simple God-loving person who believes in simple pleasures of life and loves hanging out with friends and family and have lots fun.

Friday, April 01, 2005

My 21st B'day

B'day, the very word is associated with party, fun and frolic. But, for every person and age-group the definition of this word is different. I experienced a new meaning of b'day on my 21st b'day which was on Mar 30. It was the first time I woke up without ma singing "Happy B'day" to me. It was a really different feeling. It was the first time my mom, dad, rohan (my bro) wished me on phone. It was then I felt that I've come a long way and times have changed.

I was so happy on my b'day full of excitement and joy, but not something I would share with people. I was experiencing this inner joy on b'day, like I was having a hug b'day bash inside of me. everyone wished me, from my dearest room-mate Akshita to my work friends, my Best Friend Candy and even my India friends

There were two high points of the day. The first one being God's present to me, which was bringing my B'lore college friends online. It was so cool. We chatted for like an hour and at end before saying our goodbyes they sang "Happy B'day" to me 5 times.....coz they kept goofing up. I was almost in tears, it felt so nice. I felt like an adult hosting a b'day party for my friends.

The second high point of the day was me and my best friend going to dinner. I had decided of going to this Vietnamese Restaurent, but I kind of messed up the directions, so we walked 6 blocks in a circle and then finally I decided to go this Mexican joint I hadn't gone to. Its called Quidoba......the food is really good and the quantity huge. we ordered Burritos and had a quiet dinner, just the two of us.

It was a very different b'day party compared the ones I used have in India. Back home, I would invite all my friends for lunch, and they would look forward to it, coz they loved my mom's cooking and we used to have lots if fun too. This was when I realised that now I am an adult and that on your b'day its an absolute joy with being able to be with the people who matter most on your life. I really missed my family and friends. But, I had fun 2.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Each one has to experience their big day in a different way.It was for us also first time in 20 years wishing u happy b day on phone

12:29 PM  
Blogger Animesh said...

way to go sis!!!
Now tell us how many shots of tequila were involved :-).

5:03 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home