The World & Me

This is my reflection of the events in the world and my life. If something catches ur interest, do leave ur ideas and comments on the article.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New Delhi, India

I am a simple God-loving person who believes in simple pleasures of life and loves hanging out with friends and family and have lots fun.

Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Living Alone or Living Independently

A very good friend of mine said to me, "So, now you've finally realized that you have to live your alone." And I said to myself, "Did he mean alone or independent?"

And it got me thinking even more - Is that how we view our lives now. Since most of us end up living our college years or working years away from our parents, does it mean we're living alone or independently.

In my opinion, we're living independently; deciding what do for ourselves on our own, defining our own rules and limits. That in no way implies that we're away from our parents or family, as the emotional ties are always there. And that is the force of living for all of us - our families. Especially, in our Indian culture where parents and the whole "extended family" is our support system; I can never think of a person as living alone.

Living alone to me implies when you aren't accountable for your actions to anybody, when no one than you faces the implications of our actions. And if you do find yourself in such a situation, yes you are living alone. But, not for too long; as no one in this world can claim that they have spent all their lives living alone. This is because humans by nature prosper in a community. Remember the first social studies lesson "Man is a social animal."

So, my friends, think about it. Are you living alone or independent? And if you are living independent, better think 4 times before you do something because it definitely affect someone other than you too. And if you discover you are living alone, don't be depressed; look around and soon you will move towards the living independent group.

3 Comments:

Blogger seema jyotishi said...

Well said.We all must move towards Living Independently .but there is one catch if you live that life for long you will soon drift towards living alone.

1:25 PM  
Blogger Prateeksha said...

Hmm. I agree. We are living independently and not alone. And I dont agree with Seema.If you live independently for long, you will not drift towards living alone. Infact you will try and socialize more to overcome whatever loneliness you might be experiencing at home. Like neha said, no one really lives alone.

8:11 AM  
Blogger Deever said...

living alone... is a feeling... living independent is a status..

12:34 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home