The World & Me

This is my reflection of the events in the world and my life. If something catches ur interest, do leave ur ideas and comments on the article.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New Delhi, India

I am a simple God-loving person who believes in simple pleasures of life and loves hanging out with friends and family and have lots fun.

Friday, June 27, 2008

Money unifies siblings

Don't be misguided by the headlines, its a neat journalism trick to attract your attention towards my post. Yes people, yet again I'm talking about two of the closest siblings of subcontinent cricket - India and Pakistan and something I noticed while catching up with the highlights of the Asia Cup match played yesterday.
















Firstly, the match was an absolute batsmen's game, both sides batted beautifully and fielded shabbily. At times, I felt both teams hadn't gotten over their match with the minnows and were tired during fielding. Special commendation to the bowler's for not being tardy while bowling. Though, India was better on the day with a little bit of help from luck; we all know "Luck favours the brave" and our MIB were brave today. Sehwag back in form and Raina priming at the right time. Dhoni, Yuvi and Sharma left only to do the formalities. Dhoni was impressive with hitting the winning runs as a sixer. Highlights were a lot of fun to watch because I just felt like there were only 6's and 4's hit in the game. So, now that I've recapped the game; I must return to the main point of my post. I noticed something very peculiar while watching the highlights - at the National Stadium in Karachi, the venue of the match, most of the sponsorship boards belonged to Indian companies.

As I watched Pakistani and Indian batsmen hit the bowlers around the park, I noticed that most of the sponsorship boards belonged to Indian companies. It made me realise that economic ties are quiet penetrated, whatever the political climate may be, and in a way is one of the unifying bonds for us siblings - India and Pakistan (the other factors being - music, hindi movies and theatre). I was reminded of the scene from the Sunny Deol movie Gadar, where Sunny is reminded of the ongoing trade relations between the two countries post independence and partition. As I was reminiscing about the movie, I was brought back to the present by a superb six hit by Sehwag. Looking at those sponsorship boards, I was re-assured that some day, the attempts by the forces outside the family will be defeated forever and both us siblings will live and prosper in peace. For that is what both of us want and need, if we are to prosper.

Also - my second blog - Drishtikon. All credit to Bhai for coining the name. See, if you like it.

1 Comments:

Blogger seema jyotishi said...

Cheeky attempt Baby.You got me attracted towards your blog just by reading the heading. But very good thought.All intellectual and good people across the border want both the sibling to live together and prosper together.After all if they love our movies we love their play.If sachin is popular their Immi khan was a rage here in our days.

10:40 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home